Speed Test, Speed Test, Speed Test!
We Need You To Take a Speed-Test!
Please read this first! The WV BEC has updated the process.
The speed test is a two-step process:
- Step 1: Click the big GO! Circle.
- Step 2: Answer the questions
Next, you will see a map to report your location.
- You must drag the map under the pointer, (which is counterintuitive) and zoom in to your location.
- If the pointer is not pointing to your location, drag the map until it does.
- It is important to complete this step because we are recording Internet speeds by geographic location so that we can plan broadband service delivery according to real needs.
Please tell family, friends, and neighbors to do the same so that we can work from a significant data base.
Take the test often, and at different times of the day and night. It will really help!
Here's the link to the speed test:
If you can’t take the speed-test because you have satellite internet or no internet, please write a letter documenting your need for broadband (affordable, fast, reliable, unlimited internet). Be sure to include your physical address (911 address) and county (Clay, Calhoun, Roane). Mail the letter to:
CCR Broadband Development Committee
c/o Regional Intergovernmental Council
315 D Street
South Charleston, WV 25303